Monday, August 26, 2013

Banana Bread Muffins

Yeah yeah...I know...I finally decided to blog something again. Mostly because I'm so tired from cleaning my house this morning that I have no energy to do anything other than move my fingers across the keyboard lazily...but at least you get a GREAT recipe out of my laziness!

My favorite muffins my mom always made....
I pretty much always double the recipe or make 2 kinds of muffins because 12 doesn't split evenly by 7.

Cream softened butter and sugar

 And in everything else except the bananas

The best bananas are overripe
TIP: if you have overripe bananas (perfect for baking) but you don't have time to deal with them right now...
peel them and put them in zip bags and throw them in the freezer. They'll keep that way for a while. 
Just defrost, smash, and use in a recipe when you're ready.





Stir in the smooshed bananas

 Fill your muffin cups (the recipe makes 12 normal muffins, 6 jumbo, or a whole bunch of mini)

 Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes


Banana Bread Muffins

1  Cup Butter (2 sticks), softened (or ½ cup butter + ½ cup applesauce)*
1  Cup sugar
2  Eggs
2  Cups plain flour
2-3  Crushed Bananas (smash them on a plate with a fork)
1  tsp. Baking Soda

Cream sugar and butter.  Add eggs, then flour and baking soda.  (Last) Add crushed bananas. Pour into greased (or paper lined) 12 cup muffin pan. 


Bake at 350ºF for about 30 minutes.


I regularly use half butter half applesauce and I like these very sweet muffins just as good as if they were made with all butter.

I tried replacing all the butter (even though I knew that was probably not good for this recipe...just to see what it did) - they were edible, but they lost a lot of moistness and flavor. If you're going for skinny banana bread muffins...you might want to keep searching. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment