Sunday, April 27, 2014

new recipe coming soon.. taste testing in progress

No, I haven't quit... I haven't been overwhelmed by life... I have just gotten better at my priorities. Sadly for you, the readers of the blog did not make my priority list lately.
I have however found new ways to get healthier food into my family and me (yes, I'm almost as picky as they are), I have been working on eating better and less (with a little success in my health & physical fitness goals), and my menu board is so easy to add new meals to (once I make time to blog it, I'll share that project with you!), that we have also tried many new things.

One of my new cookbooks is The Sneaky Chef. I have had meals they loved (chicken tenders) and meals no one liked (meatloaf), but my favorite thing is just get idea - pureeing vegetables and hiding just a little in normal foods.

So the recipe coming up soon (my little minions have been taste testing this afternoon to help me get it just right) is a kids favorite with hidden vegetable ... and sized down so it can be done single serve in the microwave. Single serve Mac and cheese!  (Yes, the national brand has one you can buy, but it's expensive.) Mine uses cheese blend powder I bought online from sam's club in a #10 can. A little food storage thrown in too for you!

So one more trial run this week and I'll post it for you!
(I'll also post the full size recipe for when you have more than 1 kid to feed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment