Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baked Broccoli


Here's another side dish--my friend Chelsea told me about it, and I've been making it about once a week for the past 3 weeks.  It's a nice alternative to green beans :)

Ingredients:

Frozen broccoli (you could probably use fresh if you wanted--just adjust the baking time)
Olive Oil
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Salt
Pepper

**Pick any of your favorite savory spices!

Directions:

1.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Spread as much broccoli as you think your family will eat along the bottom of the dish.

2.  Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil.  Sprinkle with your favorite spices.

3.  Bake on 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Broil for 3-5 minutes until the tips of the broccoli are nice and brown (crispy).

I accidentally bought a bag of "cut" broccoli, which I found out means that you get a lot of stalk with very little of the good part of the broccoli--so the pictures don't show the normal crispy brown goodness.

I'm not usually a huge broccoli fan, but I love it cooked this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment