Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tortellini Soup


So I'm a little late on this week's blog post due to a fun-filled Myrtle Beach trip.  The following recipe was one of those pinterest pins where the recipe was in the description of the pin, but the website that it directs you to is bogus.  I was hesitant to try it, but I'm sure glad I did, because I loved it. 

My chief minion said it would have been good without the spinach--he never likes anything healthy.  Thomas wouldn't even try it, because we made the mistake of drinking kool-aid with dinner, which held him captivated for the duration of the meal.  However, my aunt tried it and said that she thought it was fabulous. 

It's super easy to make, and pretty quick for a crock-pot meal.  It's also meatless, and I don't have a lot of meatless dinners in my repertoire.  Give it a try and let me know what you think :)

Ingredients:

1 bag of frozen tortellini
1 small bag of fresh spinach (I got a big bag and just threw in a few fist fulls)
2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
1 box (4 cups) vegetable broth
1 block of cream cheese

Directions:

1.  Cut the cream cheese into small chunks.  Add all of the ingredients to the crockpot and stir them up.

2.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

So easy and so delicious!  I'm going to try it without the spinach next time--hopefully it won't affect the flavor too much, because I really liked it the way it was.  It was even better topped with Parmesan cheese!

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, this is perfect - I was looking for a recipe that uses canned tomatoes (I'm collecting cans for something the week after next) but I had filled my menu with enough 'normal' pasta dishes already - I was looking for something a little different from our norm.
    I could eat it right off the screen. :)

    ReplyDelete