Friday, May 31, 2013

Cheesecake


I love cheesecake.  When I moved away from Raleigh, I was super disappointed that our new city didn't have a Cheesecake Factory.  I blogged about a chocolate cheesecake a few months ago, so I figured I'd follow it up with a plain cheesecake for those of you who can't tolerate desserts quite that rich (cough::Jake::cough).

Anyways, this recipe is super simple and you probably have all the ingredients on hand.  I will warn you that you need to put the cream cheese and eggs out on the counter top a while in advance and you need to allow for 3+ hours refrigeration time, so it's not an immediate-I've-got-a-craving-right-now kind of recipe.  It makes for really awesome cheesecake, though.

Ingredients:

2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese--softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs--room temperature
1 graham cracker pie crust

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed until blended.

2.  Add eggs and continue to mix until blended.  Pour into crust.

3.  Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the center is set.  Allow the cheesecake to cool and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.


I had some oreo crumbs leftover from another dessert, so I made a pie crust out of them.  Also, I refrigerated mine overnight and then dressed it up with caramel and chocolate chips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment