Monday, June 3, 2013

Sloppy Joe's

I know it's a simple recipe that barely needs a recipe at all - but that's exactly why I'm posting it. For anyone with kids still in school this week (like me), you'll spend most of your week running between the school and home attending every end of the year event they put on, with camera in hand, and toddler in tow.

(Some call these chili burgers)

1 lb.  Of lean ground beef
1 can of tomato soup
 Mustard
1 package of hamburger buns (or refrigerated biscuits - see option 2 below)

Brown meat.  Add can of soup and a few squirts of mustard.  (I know - don't you hate that kind of amount measurement. Maybe the picture will help - this is double the recipe)



Simmer until hot.  Spoon on buns and place buns back in wrapper to steam.


I had a friend one time get creative with her sloppy joe's -
Option 2: Roll out each biscuit to flatten, scoop a spoonful of sloppy joe into middle, fold over biscuit and seal edges. Bake in oven (according to biscuit package).


I labelled these as "kid friendly" because growing up they WERE kid friendly, but there is something wrong with my minions and beef is not high on their food preference list. :)
I still love them and my meat-loving son does too.

1 comment:

  1. We're trying these this week. Jake specifically requested them :)

    ReplyDelete