Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Applesauce Muffins

Last week I was at my wonderful sister-in-law's house (I really consider her more as just a sister :-) ) she had the yummiest, super moist muffins. I had to have the recipe. she told me that it came out of The Friend magazine. this is a kid friendly magazine that our church puts out. You can locate it at LDS.org. :-) Anywho, getting back to the muffins. I came home and looked up the recipe and thankfully had all the ingredients that I needed to make these bad boys. 
Ingredients
6 tablespoons of butter
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of salt
2 eggs
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of applesauce

Preheat oven to 375° F (191° C)
Line muffin tin with liners if you have them. I just sprayed my pan.

 Place butter in microwave safe bowl and melt.

 Put dry ingredients into a separate bowl except for the brown sugar. You will add that later. :-)

 I like to whisk all the dry ingredients together.
 Mix the melted butter and applesauce together.
 Mix your brown sugar and eggs together and them add you applesauce and butter mixture to your brown sugar and eggs.
 Combine your wet and dry ingredients. Next you will put into your muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
Now you can sit back and enjoy your warm muffin!  Be careful, they are addicting. 

2 comments:

  1. Those sound yummy and healthy. I'll have to try this recipe and see if the trex will eat them...he's very picky, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these too. Yours look great and I am sure they tasted wonderful!

    ReplyDelete