Monday, January 28, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've been scouring the internet, friends, family, magazines, and cookbooks for a really good homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Usually I buy those mixes at the store, because they're so quick and easy.  However, I realized that the taste of those mix cookies was only okay and it was quite pricey.  The following is the best recipe I've found so far.  

These cookies are fluffy, soft/chewy, and they still taste good even after they've lost that freshly-baked, just out of the oven perfection.  I'll probably keep looking, seeing as how I consider myself a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur, but these are pretty awesome.

Ingredients:

3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened 
3/4 cups brown sugar 
1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract 
1 egg
2 cups flour 
2 tsp cornstarch 
1 tsp baking soda 
1/2 tsp salt 
Semi-sweet chocolate chips (about half a bag)

Directions:

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Cream together (with your mixer) softened butter and both sugars, followed by the vanilla and egg.


3.  Mix in the remaining dry ingredients--flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.

4.  Add in as many chocolate chips as you like.  (I had a picture, but it turned out blurry.  I need a photographer.)

5.  Roll the dough into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet, then bake them for 11-14 minutes.  (My bite-sized cookies took exactly 11 minutes, but I like them just barely golden.)


I like to display my mountain of cookies in the awesome cake saver my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas!  Mmm, good.
 

Also, if you double the recipe, the leftover dough freezes really well and makes for practically instant cookies next time.  I recommend rolling the dough into balls and freezing them on a cookie sheet.  Once they're frozen, put them in a zip-lock bag and you'll be able to bake them whenever you get that chocolate chip cookie craving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment