Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chicken Nuggets


This recipe is supposed to be a Chick-fil-a knock-off.  I'm not sure that's quite up to Chick-fil-a's standards, but it's definitely the best homemade fried chicken recipe I've ever cooked.  It's been a real hit at our house with my chief minion as well as guests.

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts
1 cup milk
1 egg
1.25 cups flour
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Canola oil

Directions:

1.  Mix the milk and egg.  Then cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.  Put the chicken into the milk & egg mixture.  Allow it to "marinate" in the refrigerator for 2+ hours.  (When running low on time, I've allowed it to sit for only 1 hour and it tasted the same.)



2.  In a plastic, zip-lock bag, put the remaining dry ingredients--flour, powdered sugar, salt, and pepper.  Give the bag a shake to mix it all up.  Place 4-6 chunks of chicken in the bag and shake the sealed bag until all of the chicken is well-coated.



3.  Fill a frying pan with about half an inch of oil and allow it to heat until it is medium/hot.  Place the coated chunks of chicken in the frying pan and allow to cook for about 1 minute.  Flip the chicken over and cook for another minute or until golden brown.


I know fried chicken is not super healthy, but it is SO tasty.  We never have leftovers when I make this recipe.  I highly recommend it with green beans and mashed potatoes :)


1 comment:

  1. David would love that you made Chick fil a nuggets! They look just like theirs and I am sure they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete