Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Have you ever been to Red Lobster?  Well, my parents (seafood lovers) and I (a seafood hater) have been a few times.  Walking into the restaurant instantly makes me a little queasy with the fishy smell and the fact that there are zip-tied lobsters begging for their freedom in the lobby.  However, they have one thing right:  their garlic cheese biscuits.  They are perfection.

This recipe came about because my mom tried to get as close to Red Lobster's biscuits as she could.  She did quite a bit of experimenting and created a recipe similar to this one.  Unfortunately I lost her original recipe (I'm sure she'd give it to me if I called and asked), so this is my version of it.

Ingredients:

2 cups bisquick
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1.5 cups grated cheddar cheese

**You'll also need a little more butter & garlic powder to brush onto the tops of the biscuits after baking.

Directions:

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Melt the butter and combine with the bisquick, milk, and garlic powder.


2.  Mix thoroughly--you may have to use your hands to get all of the ingredients completely incorporated.
 

3.  Mix in the cheese.  (I usually grab 2 handfulls of cheese and squish it in by hand.  Don't worry, I wash them first.)


4. Roll the biscuits into medium-sized balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet or baking pan.  (I got 12 biscuits out of this batch.)


5.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are beginning to turn golden.  Well, they will still be mostly white, but the cheese in them will be more golden.  Be careful not to over-bake them, or they'll loose that Red Lobster softness.
 

6.  Melt an extra couple of tablespoons of butter and toss in a dash of garlic powder.  Brush this mixture onto the biscuits as soon as you remove them from the oven.  They will soak it up, perfectly :)


Even my baby minion enjoyed his garlic cheese biscuit!

I highly recommend serving your garlic cheese biscuits with Beth's pasta bake.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment