Monday, February 11, 2013

Rotisserie (Crock Pot) Chicken


This is one of my favorite recipes.  It's super easy and versatile and I haven't managed to mess it up, yet.  I love that I can put the chicken in the crock pot and let it cook all day while it makes the entire house smell delicious.  I love that the leftovers can be used for countless other recipes and they never go to waste.  I love that you can get a whole chicken for less that $5 at Walmart.  And most of all, I love using fresh vegetables and tossing in spices without measuring so I feel like a real chef, haha.

Ingredients:

1 Whole chicken
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp parsley
1/4 cup seasoning salt

*You don't need to measure, and you don't need to have all of these particular spices.  Add in anything you like and add in quantities that you like.  It's really hard to mess it up, I promise ;)

**You do need the onion--without it, the chicken will be dry.  But you could live without the cloves of garlic.  Just be sure to substitute in garlic powder for the yummy flavor.

Directions:

1.  Slice up the onion and break it apart.  Place the pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.  Slice up the garlic and spread it along the bottom of the crockpot as well.



2.  Mix your spices in a bowl.  Rub the spices all over the chicken to coat it.  Put some spices on the inside of the chicken if you want.  Cover it well so you'll get that "rotisseree" feel.



3.  Put the chicken in the crockpot with the legs/wings facing the top.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.



Such an easy recipe, and the chicken is perfect.  I use the leftover chicken to make sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, chicken & rice, enchiladas, or any other chicken recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment