Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pasta Bake (aka Baked Ziti)

This is another one of those quick/easy recipes. (Total time: 30 minutes) In fact, it's probably my favorite easy fall back recipe - perfect post for my birthday!


Ingredients:
16 oz penne or ziti (or other)
1 can spaghetti sauce (like 26 oz del monte)
1/2 container ricotta cheese (about 8 oz - approx 1 cup)
8 oz (or more if you like) mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups)

Cook your pasta - "according to package directions".
While that's cooking...
Mix (directly in your 9x13 = fewer dishes) the sauce and ricotta cheese (I don't actually measure this)

It should be orangish in color. 
(If you really like ricotta/creaminess, add more. If you're not wild about it, decrease it some.)

Mix in your cooked/drained noodles. Then top with mozzarella cheese. (I have mixed in a little bit of the mozzarella into the noodle mixture, but I liked it better all on top.)

 Bake for about 10-15 minutes at 350 (or 400 - lower end of time range) or until mozzarella cheese is melted but before it's melted into a crust of cheese.
My oven took a little longer this time (like 20 minutes at 350) because I was baking my french bread at the same time.

 I may have gone a little over the 8 oz of mozzarella this time because it was a little too cheesy...wait, is that possible? ;)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried that recipe yet, even though I think it's in the cookbook you gave me and Jake. I think I'll put it on next week's meal calendar :) Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete