Friday, April 26, 2013

Blondies

A few weeks ago, my aunt brought over some amazing bunny-shaped blondies for us to eat, and I had to have the recipe--they were delicious.  She e-mailed it to me, and I immediately tried to make it. 

Unfortunately, I was a little ambitious and tried to make them nice and thick like a brownie.  It didn't work out.  This week I finally got up the courage to try the recipe again (following directions and using a jelly roll pan), and they turned out great--almost as good as my aunt's bunny blondies :)

Ingredients:

2 & 1/4 cups flour
2 & 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 & 3/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
1-2 cups mini chocolate chips

Directions:

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.

2.  In a mixer, cream together the brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.

3.  Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.

4.  Slowly add in the flour mixture until you have a thick batter.

5.  Stir in as many mini chocolate chips as you like.

6.  Spread the batter in the pan--it will take a lot of spreading because the batter is very thick and will have to be spread thin to cover the entire pan.  I learned the hard way that these blondies must be pretty thin, or the center will not cook all the way through.

7.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

I've been searching for some desserts for Jake lately.  He's pretty picky and hates regular brownies.  However, the blondies were a hit with him and Thomas!

1 comment:

  1. Rob loves blondies but I've never been a big fan of them.... but chocolate chips in them? Yeah I think I'll try these

    ReplyDelete