Thursday, April 4, 2013

Salsa (Chili's Copycat Recipe)

Chili's makes my FAVORITE chips and salsa.  The salsa has no large chunks and the chips are thin and warm.  I've been to Chili's and ordered their chips and salsa as my entire meal before!  Here's a copycat recipe I found on pinterest.

It's not perfect (see note below), but it's pretty close to the real deal.  It's also super easy to make.  Now if I could only figure out where/how to get chips like the ones at Chili's.

Ingredients:

1 26 oz can whole tomatoes, drained
2-3 canned, whole jalapenos (I used 3--medium-sized--and my mouth was burning)
1 yellow onion, quartered
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp lime juice

Directions

Put all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.  Enjoy with tortilla chips :)


**I put the leftovers in the refrigerator and pulled it out to eat with chips a few days later.  It was not so good.  I think this recipe is best enjoyed fresh.

1 comment: