Monday, April 22, 2013

Honey Mustard

If there is chicken (nuggets, strips, fried, sandwich, etc) or burgers or hot dogs (yeah, that one is a little weird for this) - my kids want honey mustard!


I can't blame them, it's the favorite condiment of mine too. 
And like me, they're picky about their honey mustard - the kind we like it really a honey mustard dressing.
They prefer this over any store bought honey mustard (dressing)

 So we make it from scratch-ish 
(meaning mayo and mustard are two ingredients - both not from scratch)


Honey Mustard Dressing
Servings: 6* (according to allrecipes.com, my source)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice (I leave that out sometimes)

In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Store covered in the refrigerator.


*I usually double everything and funnel it into a squirt bottle that I got for under $1. I've never had it go bad.


 I think the lemon juice is important if you're not going to eat it all right away - we've had some in the fridge for months and it was still fine. (as long as the ingredients that make it up haven't expired, the mixture should be fine too.)



No comments:

Post a Comment